Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Molly is my "Heart Dog". For those that don't know what that means, she is my forever dog, my soul mate dog and usually humans have only one. I went to the Tennessee/Kentucky border to get her and she was in a big barn and the old farmer had 2 females that had delivered 8 pups each two weeks apart It was quite a site to see 16 puppy's running around "just looking for love". You could not walk for fear of stepping on one. For some reason, Molly and I made eye contact and she captured my heart and I wanted her. My cousin had gone with me and she kept steering me to other ones, but I kept going back to Molly.
Molly was a cute pup, I called her the cow pup because she had a "party" coat. She was not marked as most Border Collies but she has a random black and white pattern.
Molly has the look that can pierce your heart.  She is so gentle and loving and she is our only dog that will speak in whines and grunts.  It's just like she is trying to talk.  She doesn't beg or pester.  Most of our dogs look to her as the female alpha.  She is quite, but strong.  Molly is the best mother of all the females.  She is very devoted to the pups and will nurture and care for them the entire time they are here.  During this last litter, we were with her as we always are and as she was cleaning and licking them, I attempted to move them so I could keep the area clean and put down clean bedding.  When I picked them up and moved then just a foot or so away, she would gently pick them up with her mouth and move them back to keep them close.  She will forgo food and water to keep her baby's safe.  The only time she will bristle up is when another dog gets too nosey with the pups and they know she means business.  She loves to be inside and lay in my lap.  Many Sunday afternoons we will take a nap together in the recliner and when bedtime comes, just say "lets go to bed"  she will trot to bed and be waiting for me with her head on my pillow.....







No comments:

Post a Comment